CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

About Me

My photo
-Serious -Make jokes (do not ask me whether it's funny) -Ambivert (depending on the situation) -Playful -Happy go lucky

Persona Analysis:

Click to view my Personality Profile page

Sunday, February 15, 2009

War Strategies

Peace be upon to you, ladies and gentlemen. What’s up, everybody? I hope you are having good time at whenever, wherever or with whatever. Thanks to my members of the club that participate the Chinese New Year Open House, a great kick start for the club for this year, actually. Ok, let get down to the business, today, meine Damen und Herren, (if you can speak German, it means ladies and gentlemen), I am going to talk something at is long time has been one of my interests since little. One and only, (if nobody speak about it), WAR STRATEGIES!

If you notice, war has been one of the commonest things in mankind history. That’s one thing we learn (or might as well ignore it). But, one particular interest that I observed closely is, how those people can win the war. So, we can define the strategy as “how” or “silent tool” to defeat opponents in the war. I am actually quite amused with all sort of tactics and techniques used in the past to outwit their enemies in the war using intelligence and psychology.

For example, In the dawn of human civilization, Alexander the Great, one of the greatest leader of all time, used to ask his army to knock hard on the shield which at their left hand with their sword to make the enemy feel unconfident to continue with their action. Apart from that, one of the strategists in early-time China, used hot air balloon to bypass a city that heavily guarded. He just used 1,000 out of 10,000 soldiers at that time. Other than that, Khalid al-Walid, which is one of the most brilliant army commanders in Islam, apply the law of psychology of which the enemy thought the reinforcement for Moslem army has arrived and they ran back to their country. All these stories are somehow making me feel ecstatic about the winning of the war in much more honorable way.

So, I started to find Red Alert 3, Rise of Nations and Civilizations as games that become my practice in testing out my analysis skill. Anyway, I can play as a great commander leads its battalion to the victory tag. But, somehow, as our world evolves, science and technology has reduced the capability and creativity of mankind to defeat enemies in war. In lament term, war nowadays simply a “show” to see which country has the most powerful weapon, instead of courage of a soldier and the intelligence of a commander. We can take Israel as the “best example” for this statement, they used the white phosphorus bomb (one of the forbidden weapons listed in UN) to kill innocent women and children mercilessly. In my opinion, I do not consider as a war, I define it as more to ethnic cleansing which Israel wants every single corner of Palestine to be occupied with their own citizen.

So, do you feel interested to know more about these brilliant war strategies and tactics? What say you? I will say that, you can refer Sun Tzu: Art of War as the fundamental understanding of war strategies. Hey, do not forget, you can apply most of the concept from it into daily life routine such as business and studying for your examination. What’s more, you can watch Master and Commander: Far Side of the World, Battle of Wits and Saving Private Ryan. I think that’s all, or not I will talk for pages just to satisfy my heart. Hihi, ok see ya in the next post.

0 comments:

Followers